Welcome to The Irish Society of Military Medicine
The Irish Society of Military Medicine (ISMM) is an independent, professional organisation of medical and allied health professionals who have an interest in the study and practice of Military Medicine in Ireland
The objectives of the society are:
- To contribute to military medical care within Ireland.
- To encourage the pursuit of a military medical career in Ireland.
- To promote the study and application of Military Medicine in Ireland and the education of those with an interest in this field.
- To foster links between the military and civilian health services of the Republic of Ireland for mutual benefit.
- To host an annual conference of Military Medicine.
- To disseminate knowledge of Military Medicine through publication and distribution of a newsletter.
- To promote and facilitate audit and research in Military Medicine
The society is independent of the Irish Defence Forces, although it inevitably has close links to this organisation in terms of membership. The ISMM is an unincorporated association.
The Society is grateful to have as Patron, Director Medical Branch, Defence Forces Ireland , Colonel Gerald M.Kerr H Dip Occ Med LFOM MRCGP M.Med Sc MISOM FFSEM. DTM